You are a specialist in the field of agriculture or horticulture, so you wouldn’t want to have your texts translated by a generalist, would you? Agri Translation can help you meet your translation needs, with the assurance of the right terminology and the right language for your target groups.
Agri Translation is run by me, Edith van der Have-Raats. I am a professional translator with an MSc degree in Agronomy and 13 years of experience in Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs in Northern and Western Europe.
Agri Translation takes care of your translations in agriculture and horticulture from the following languages into English:
And I translate into Dutch. Other Northern and Western European languages can be arranged upon request, in cooperation with reliable partners.
Contact Agri Translation for more information or a quotation.
Agri Translation is exceptionally strong in the terminology of the agrochemical sector. In an international market, many texts related to crop protection products are written in English.
But not all of them are!
You’ll need translations of local materials such as:
Also, a variety of English texts need to be translated into the local languages of your market:
Safety Data Sheets (MSDSes)
Who translates these texts for you now?
With the tight timelines in Regulation EC 1107/2009 and upcoming AIR2 and AIR3, workload will increase considerably in the coming years. Translating is not your core task. Delegation is paramount!
Free, quick and a great tool to get the gist of a text. But hardly a reliable source for good translations. And what about confidentiality?
Your local colleagues or distributors?
The people ‘in the field’ do indeed know the right terminology. But how much time and effort are they able to spend, especially in the sales season? How does the task of translating fit with their list of priorities and skill set?
A translation agency?
Translation agencies can provide great service but usually do best at more general types of texts or at large specialisations, such as medical translation. It is difficult to find consistent high-quality translations with the specialised terminology in our field.
Agri Translation can help you!
Agri Translation is run by me, Edith van der Have-Raats, MSc.
I am an agronomist. I worked in Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs from 2003 to 2016 and have been a freelance translator since 2014. Thanks to this combined experience and my contacts with other experienced translators, I am able to offer high-quality, reliable translations in agriculture and horticulture, with a strong emphasis on the agrochemical sector.
Contact me to discuss how I can help you, or to ask for a quotation.
Check out the advantages of Agri Translation:
- Run by an agronomist (MSc), graduated in Plant Breeding and Crop Protection
- Thirteen years of experience in Crop Protection Regulatory Affairs
- Thorough knowledge of agricultural terminology
- A member of the Dutch Association of Professional Translators (Vereniging Zelfstandige Vertalers)
- A flair for languages: fluent in Dutch (native language), English and Swedish, with an excellent understanding of Danish, Norwegian and German texts in the field of agrochemicals
- Collaboration with specialised translators who have a vast experience with agriculture and who translate into their mother tongue, e.g. Danish or Swedish.
- Guaranteed consistency in terminology, due to the use of professional translating tools
- Keeping deadlines. Aware of the utmost importance of deadlines, Agri Translation will meet them. You have strict deadlines? So do we.
- Full confidentiality (which we can formalise at any time by signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- A final check by an English native speaker for any text intended for publication (such as labels, flyers and web texts)
Contact Agri Translation to discuss your needs, or ask for a quotation, without commitment.
NL-3831 ER Leusden
Tel. (+31) (0)33 78 11 111
VAT No NL155160904B01
Trade Register Amersfoort (NL) No 65006097